Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Woke up this mornin

  1. #1
    Inactive Member heidi!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 13th, 2000
    Posts
    2,433
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Turned on the news...Headline once again ...he's killed someone else.....When yesterday I woke up to the hope of maybe they caught who was doing this.
    The sniper apparently has contacted police..with threats ....of maybe children being next ....
    I'm curious as to what people think of this...Who do you think it is..
    Do you think its a trained sharp shooter...Maybe even trained by the FBI...
    Do you think its terrorist related..
    Do you think its simply someone playing off the fears of Americans..and just a morbid attention seeker..
    I heard last night lots of talk of the New World Order..and this is just the start...
    Things are to get much worse..
    I think its a scary world we live in when walking out of a restaurant....walking off a bus..or putting bags in a car could take your life...When schools are closing for fear of letting children outside for recess...
    I have guesses...and speculations....but I wonder what you all are thinking about this..

  2. #2
    Inactive Member demon chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    12,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    ain't nothing like the joy of learning in a lockdown situation....

    Seriously though, this individual scares me to death... and would scare me even more to find out it's more than one person..... bleh...

    You're right, Heidi... the state of the world right now is so precarious..... everything is so fragile.

    I worry because Sculpey is right there........ who's to say he won't walk in to taco bell..order his gordito and walk out..only to be picked off by this person... or thing..or animal..

    MSN has this article today...that claims the french military academy (forgive my adhd memory... i dont know the exact.... thingy)... has a sharp shooter AWOL... the student went on vacation in August and never returned to school.

    So... is it someone like that... or a crazed, deranged lunatic from here... just mentally ill enough to be delusional ... or is it..part of a bigger faction... or or or or or or


    my mind races... I do know however...... makes me truly scared...and sad....... what is next

    and HEidi..you have guesses and speculations... I love that you can come to some thoughts and conclusions on this..because for some reason I can't... I can't make any sense out of it...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member demon chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    12,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    someone help me figure it out~

  4. #4
    Inactive Member demon chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    12,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    what the hell...

    hes going to start killing children?..


    where are you getting this information..

    sad but true..i can get to hostboard...but i cant link to many sites from school because... they have them blocked for whatever reason...

    anyway...

    someone..give me some links.........ackkk

  5. #5
    Inactive Member JohnUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2001
    Posts
    896
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    chloe...

    The threat to start killing children was made in the letter that the sniper left for police last week, but that detail was only made public today...

    As you can imagine, these killings/woundings are big news on this side of the Atlantic too, and speculation is rife as to who it could be, and whether he/she/they are linked to any organisation...

    I'm not suggesting that this is the thinking behind it, but there were threats made by Al Qaeda that their terror campaign would be more "subtle" in its continuation, and what better way than to strike randomly at individual, "ordinary" people??

    Equally, it could be the work of a totally lunatic psychopath...

    I work with a guy who takes a real interest in conspiracy theories, and I've been trying to get him to post on the boards...

    I have no doubt that if he does, many will dismiss what he says, but some of his thoughts make for some scary pondering...

    Watch this space... [img]confused.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member The Reverend Dark Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    1,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Remember that movie, Seven? The killer was not caught until he so wanted to be caught. In a lot of ways I think that this is what's going to happen with this killer. But I believe that it is this way because not enough action is being taken to stop him. He has hold of an entire town, he knows this, he's using it to his advantage. He phones the police, makes his threats and laughs about it because he's getting away with it. Right now if he disappeared he'd never be caught. He knows this too. All the cards are in his hand, he knows what he is up against and he knows how to play his hand well. But this isn't the movie Seven, this is real life and this will come to an end. One way or another.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner Blazey's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    9,610
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have always thought the media sometimes hyped and scared ppl needlessly..in this case..its almost a catch 22..damned if you do damned if you dont..ppl need to know whats happening..but the on the flip side..the killer..or killers are getting their jollies by the attention they are getting...if things were kept quiet and the police could hide a lil more..whatever it is might get more bold..or careless..but then again..they way they are doing the killings..ppl need to know so they can take more precautions..This whole thing is only a sign of more to come..with all the sickos we have in this world..this will serve as a dare for them to try it as well..i'm guessing..but who knows..all i know is..if we cant find Bin Ladin in the desert..with all the ppl looking for him..how can our limited law enforcement find this person..makes me doubt alot of things..dosnt it you..i dont think anyone is safe anymore...and i really wonder what the next 50 years of our lives will bring...i dont even want to think on it..

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imzredhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2001
    Posts
    461
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My first thought when this began happening, of course, turned to terrorist...I don't believe now that is the case....I think...its more than likely a wannabe...some closet case who's never got the attention in life he's wanted or she?...we can't be that biased can we?...and I think the shooting part has been more of a hobby type thing, than anything professional? Mind you, I could be all wet with that theory...I also think, putting an end to his rampage is going to take the public being very aware and involved, I think its going to end up being something someone saw, and witnessed that is going to catch this person...sad world we live in, when it comes down to threatening and taking, the lives of innocent children, and people who walk the streets of what we have always viewed as a "free" society...

  9. #9
    Inactive Member sculpey's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    8,165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Welcome to my world. Luckily for me the closest shootings have been about fifteen miles or so away from my home. Which is damned close enough. We're learning to deal with this in our own ways. You're eyes are constantly moving when you're outside. I do live very close to an interstate, so you wonder just when the shooter will move our direction.

    It's not exactly reassuring to see armed helicopters over your neighborhood, but they're up everyday to guard the schools when they let out.

    Hopefully this madness will end soon. I also heard the rumor about the French shooter being AWOL.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member demon chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    12,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yikes...the whole thing..has me.....scared...


    i admit it
    even in MN
    im scared
    scared

    scared

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •